Saturday, July 30, 2011

How to prepare your own Flash Cards for GRE

Hi Friends, The most interesting and toughest part in GRE preparation is the Vocabulary part of GRE. It Plays the vital role in every GRE exam, irrespective of the pattern change. Some may be good in the vocabulary from their young age, they thrive to use the different vocabulary in a context and refer meaning of a unknown words then and there. 

While others like me were lazy to do so. The Result of that, we have to work hard to memorize the words now. I believed that we would have to memorize some few hundred words for GRE, but I was hammered, when i saw those 3500 words of Barron book for GRE. 

I felt it is almost impossible for me to memorize all those words in my 2 month time. I found some resources online on the High Frequency GRE words. I thought that It's wise to memorize at-least those High Frequency words thoroughly than being like this. I felt happy to do so. But again something halted my progression. There are about 600-1000 High Frequency words in the GRE. We all know it's not easy to memorize these words in a short period.

As a human, We could normally memorize 10-20 words per day, but your words in memory will start to Fade-out soon. At the end of the 2-3 months you will be upset to know that you have wasted these months by learning nothing. There will be no use of memorizing this way, so i searched for the Ways to memorize these words...

I wanted the most effective way to remember these words and its meaning. So that, I could score more in my GRE verbal Section.......This is where we Use the Flash Cards to memorize those words. You all may doubt, how it works...Please Continue your reading.

HOW THIS FLASH CARD WORKS:
1.) I Believe you all could have seen some flash Cards when you are in the Kindergarten, in which you could have seen the elephant photo and could noticed the name ELEPHANT  above it. 

2.) After seeing that Flash card at regular intervals, the image of the Elephant along with its name could have registered in your Memory

3.) Thus this technique of flash card could help you in memorizing of these GRE Words effectively.

4.) These Flash Cards are easy to prepare and i have posted some steps to prepare your Own Flash Card below. So check that and start preparing your GRE Flash Cards.

Things Necessary:
For preparing your Own Flash Cards, you need the following things:
a.)  Some Few Rolls of  chart
b.) 1 pair of scissors
(There are also some cheap ready made plain flash cards available in books stores, which you can buy to save your time of trimming)
 c.) 4-5 colors of markers and pen
 d.) Few Metal rings (or) thread 
 e.) A Punching machine
STEPS TO PREPARE YOUR OWN FLASH CARDS FOR GRE:
STEP 1:


STEP 2:


STEP 3:

                  The Grouping of the words is the best way to memorize the words, i will post about these "word groups" in my posts, so stay tuned for my next post.
 

STEP 4:


STEP 5:


STEP 6:


STEP 7:


That's All My friends Your Flash Cards are ready, So don't be Lazy to prepare your Own Flash Cards. Its really wise to prepare your own flash cards. If you are lazy to prepare your own flash cards (or) If you don't have time to do this, Buy the ready made flash cards from the Barron's or Kaplan 


Soon I will be posting about the High Frequency Words of GRE, So stay tuned to this Blog and Learn more about the New GRE.  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  
1.) Thanks to all the readers for making this blog successful, this blog have readers from more than 50 cities of the world. this is my first step to success.

2.) Don't forget to Comment and subscribe to my Posts. Press Ctrl+d to bookmark this blog.
http://gre2012.blogspot.com
 

1 comments:

readingcare said...

flashcards are very important in our life its best way
to getting educated


SAT reading practice online

Post a Comment

back to top Blogger Widgets